Registration, booking meetings & 1:1 Video Calls | Quick Info
1:1 Meetings | Facts
- Until 15th November 2020 | Period where 1:1 meetings can be requested
- 23rd October - 15th November 2020 | Period where 1:1 meetings can be scheduled
- Meeting requests must be accepted to be scheduled.
- Meetings are managed online via 1:1 Video Calls and will last 20 minutes.
1:1 Video Calls | Technical Preparations
- Use a desktop computer or laptop where both Webcam and Microphone is installed
- Double-check if you have selected a proper time-zone (see Menu: Edit my Profile)
- Use Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Opera browser preferably
- Internet Edge Browser only works for Version IDs 80+ (Chromium edition)
- To make sure that everything is set correctly, please go to your "Meetings" and click on the green camera button "Meeting starts in ..." - this will open the video call in your browser. You should see yourself!
- 1:1 Video call meetings can NOT be managed via the b2match Mobile App
How does it work?
A matchmaking or networking event is a quick and easy way to meet potential cooperation partners in face-2-face talks. 20 minutes run fast but it is enough to build first connections before the bell rings and the next talk starts.
1) Online registration
- Register via the green button "Register now"
- Add contact and other details as requested
- Compose your personal event schedule by adding the sessions you want to join
- Those who are interested to manage 1:1 meetings MUST select at least one networking session
Interested in establishing new business contacts through 1:1 meetings? Please read more below.
2) Make yourself visible through an outstanding profile
Take advantage of the opportunity and introduce you by publishing a clear profile. The more detail, the more you will benefit from the conference matchmaking tool. Your co-operation profile is your online business card.
- Explain the interests/partnerships/expertise you are offering or looking for
- Published profiles will be extensively promoted by the organizers of the event
- High-quality profiles are visited 50 to 100 times before, during and even after the event
- A meaningful profile will generate significantly more meeting requests.
3) How to manage bilateral meetings?
- Browse the list of attendees or check the marketplace profiles
- Use the optional filters to easily find the ones aligned with your goals
- Send meeting requests to those persons you want to meet
- Adding a short reason why you are interested in a meeting will increase the acceptance
- Usually, meeting requests must be confirmed by the recipients to be scheduled
- Typically, the date and time of a meeting are scheduled by the person accepting the meeting request considering the mutual availability.
- Check every incoming meeting request and accept or refuse if not appropriate. It is a matter of politeness to let the requester know if you are interested in a meeting or not.
SOME PARTICIPANTS CAN’T BE BOOKED. WHY?
Participants available for meeting requests are indicated by a green button “Available”, otherwise:
- You may not have registered for 1:1 meetings
please make yourself available for 1:1 networking session via Agenda / Event Agenda (or “My Attendance” for events still using an old version)
- No common overlapping networking sessions
Please sign-up for some further networking session via Agenda / Event Agenda.
5) Short before and during the event
SHORT BEFORE THE EVENT
- You can view the date/time of your meetings via the Menu “Meetings” at any time
- Check all your pending meeting requests and consider accepting or decline
- Download the "b2match" Mobile App (iOS/Android) to
* get access to your meeting schedule on your mobile phone
* be informed about last-minute changes (bookings, cancellations)
* manage additional meetings during the event (send/receive/confirm requests)
DURING THE EVENT
- Check again the latest version of your meeting schedule through the platform. Due to last-minute changes, it might have changed slightly.
- RESPECT the other participants' time and show up to all your meetings.
- If an unforeseen circumstance arises and you will not attend a meeting, please cancel your meetings through the platform. This way, the other participant will be notified.
How do I join a scheduled meeting?
- You can access your meeting schedule via Menu "Meetings" in the top right corner.
- Click the green button "Start meeting" next to your meetings to join the 1:1 meeting Video Call
What options do I have if the meeting partner does not show up timely?
- A quick reminder to join the Video Call
Send a message (or phone call) and alert your meeting partner to join the missed Video call.
This should work well if enough time is leftover (e.g. 15+ min) for this scheduled meeting.
- Re-schedule the meeting
In case your meeting partner doesn’t react immediately on a reminder as indicated above you should re-schedule and postpone the meeting by 1-2 hours.
- If a meeting can not be managed at the event date itself please use the chat messaging system (open the meeting partners profile) to schedule a phone call or meeting outside this platform
What if my camera or microphone does not work?
- Please check that you Brower don't block the usage of your camera/microphone due to security reasons.
Check by having a video call with some of your colleagues in another tool (Google Meet, Zoom, ...)
- Depending on your browser settings you may be asked to confirm the activation of the Camera/Microphone through a pop-up dialogue form.
- How to enable the use of a microphone/camera in your Browser?
* Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2693767
* Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/how-manage-your-camera-and-microphone-permissions
* Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences
- If none of the above works, consider switching to another device to join the meetings.